10.8.06

heimat (fodnoter)














Den tyske filmmager Edgar Reitz afrunder nu sit store Heimat-projekt (se tidligere postering) med Heimat Fragmente. I marts udtalte Reitz (til et tysk fansite her):

I am working on sort of an epilogue for the finished HEIMAT trilogy, a one-part movie, which shows the protagonists and the stories of their lives in the style of a picture book. This means that it incorporates only material that was not used in the trilogy. The film will not be longer than 150 minutes, a title has not been found for it yet. What caused me to start this project was the fact that in re-organizing my archives in 2005 I came across material that had gathered along the way over the 25 years in which we produced HEIMAT. After such a long time there are many things you have forgotten, so that I was astonished at what wonderful scenes and sequences I found. I did not want this material just to be forgotten. I believe that any filmmaker would feel that way. I am happy that the Rheinland-Pfalz-Stiftung für Kultur did not force me to present an official script to them. Therefore, I can try to find a convincing overall shape in which to use all these fragments. I did not fix a deadline for finishing this work. The frame for these sequences has already been filmed with Nicola Schössler, the great actor who played "Lulu" in HEIMAT 3. I will decide later whether further filming will be nececarry. If so, this will have to be done on a very moderate scale due to the mini budget that is available. Up to now there is only a small grant by the Rheinland-Pfalz-Stiftung für Kultur for this project. Everything else will be financed by myself. No TV channels will be involved. Neither have there been any talks about this with the ARD (the main German TV channel) management, so that there are no plans to air this on German TV. At present it is my plan to offer the movie to the friends of HEIMAT as a DVD.

Nu er filmen altså færdig (se her):

Heimat Fragmente - Die Frauen, also known as "the Footnotes project", will show at the Biennale in Venice 2 September 2006. In about 40 scenes the protagonist Lulu (from Heimat 3) goes back in time. The footage is taken from cut outs from all three Heimat films by Reitz. It will premiere in October in Germany and will eventually appear on DVD.
[kilde her]

Vidunderligt.